Now a day’s in the digital world, everyone is connected in some way to the World Wide Web in order to look for their needs like entertainment, education, research, and consumer needs. In this day and age where digital technology and the Internet have influenced our lives and work, it is shocking to know that very few small business owners have a website.
In the survey we found that only 46% of small businesses have a website. This statistic is surprising when you realize people spend 6hours a day on the Internet.
The survey tells that 41% of small business owners reported they don’t think they need a website. What it means is they probably don’t know the benefits of having a website for their small business.
Website – Now a day’s website is a powerful marketing tool. The well-maintained website can help you to gain a competitive advantage in your industry & can improve your business image. It will help you to get more traffic by developing your web site which offers many benefits and prospects and increase sales, improve your customer service and enhance your professional brand. ,
If your business does not have a Website as of yet, your business is not to its fullest of capabilities. Having a Website for your business can provide a number of benefits to your business that you may not have been aware of before.
Below are some benefits of a website for small or big businesses you may not have thought of:
Unlike having a local brick, a business Website helps to reach you around the world, permitting for enhanced exposure and sales, due to a wider demographic reach. Selling products online is cheaper and easier for you and your customers. Not only globally but also you can extend the local reach You are open for business 24/7, 365 days/year, seven days a week service definitely generates more profits than that of a traditional storefront.
2. It Saves your Money Cost-Effective
A website can be treated as your online or digital catalog or brochure that can be updated or changed anytime. You can make changes quickly unlike print advertisements. Online advertisement is cost-effective compared to the print advertisement and enables you to make on the fly changes and if you employ a content management system (CMS) you can make changes quickly and at no charge.
A simple way to view a website is on your online business address. This is where your customers, clients and associates can find you on the Internet. Customers like to see professional looking and user-friendly Website,
they will have a greater chance of considering your business acceptable over companies who either do not have a Web presence or have a poor Website presence.
The Home page identifies your brand value plan, the About Us page tells visitors all about your business and the Contact Us page informs everyone how to get in touch with you.
It validates your business and improves your credibility. It gives your business identity and is effective proof that it exists.
Don’t be in the wrong impression thinking that a company page in Face book is enough to build your credibility. A survey showed that 84% of consumers believe that having a website makes your business more credible than just a social media page.
Having a website means you have your own space. In the same survey, 65% of respondents regard a company-branded e-mail as more credible than a common one.
To extend more from the above-noted benefit, being available to meet the needs of consumers at any time day or night provides added convenience, giving them access to products and information whenever they need. New customers can also access your website by using a web address or URL.
Here’s a statistical fact that will blow your mind:
Of the 7.1 Billion people in this world, 3.1 Billion people or 46% are online every day. They are searching for information on search engines, sharing on social media or shopping on e-commerce websites.
This number will grow as the world becomes increasingly dependent on mobile technology to search the Internet. Today there are an estimated 2.3 billion smartphones worldwide. But in 2020, the total number of smartphones is expected to hit 6.1 Billion.
If your small business does not have a website, lessening the effective ability to generate income. And not just any website; but a mobile responsive website, one that can be accessed by mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Statistically, 60% of online traffic comes from mobile devices.
A mobile responsive website will help you to take advantage of the opportunities available on the Internet through the following ways:
- Improve Search Rankings – By optimizing your web pages, it will be easier for people to find your content.
- Distribute Content – Build relevant, unique and usable content and distribute them through different channels such as social media and blog sites. People who love your content would want to know more about you and visit your website this will help you in SMM.
- Open 24/7 – Unlike a brick- and- mortar business that operates 9 to 5, a website never closes shop. It is open 24/7, even on holidays.
- Introduce Business Flexibility – If you don’t want to miss out on opportunities, outsource customer service and let your agents manage all concerns and inquiries via chat or e-mail support at your website.
If you are still using old forms of marketing, you are wasting valuable resources, time and money. These forms include press releases, print ads, flyers and distribution Point- of- Purchase materials.
These traditional methods cost more money and cover less ground. It is also flyers, posters, print ads, and press releases usually end up in the trash can.
Online marketing is faster, more efficient and inexpensive. There are so many tools and techniques that you can use for online marketing but without a website, these strategies will fall short.
Your online marketing efforts will create inbound revenues to a specified destination place which is your website.
Among the most popular online marketing tools that you can use to create inbound traffic to your website:
- Social Media – Of the 3.5 Billion people online every day, 2.34 Billion or 65% are on social media.
- Blogging – Companies that blogged 12 times a month received 3.5 times more leads than those that blogged 0 – 4 posts per month.
- Email marketing – E-mail marketing is 40 times more effective in acquiring customers than Facebook.
- Use video – Embed a video on your Home page. A video can spread more easily and deliver your content faster and more efficiently than text. Videos on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
Finally, online marketing is a sustainable process. Your content will not go to waste. You can keep on updating it and reuse it after a few months.
7. Boost Your Reputation as an Authority.
If your business is in a competitive industry, a website will give you the platform to boost your reputation as an authority figure.
- Blogging – There’s one reason why blogging is the heart of the content marketing process: It works! Here are some key statistics on the benefits of blogging:
- Websites with a blog have 443% more indexed pages.
- 49% of buyers read 5 to 7 blogs before engaging a sales rep.
- 67% of consumers report a blog influenced their decision to buy.
- Podcast – Set up a podcast in your website, distribute the schedule via Twitter, Facebook and invite experts to discuss topics that interest your audience.34% more people listened to podcasts in 2018 compared to 2017.
- Seminars – Conduct seminars on your website. This is a great way to share your knowledge with your market.
If you want an effective website or one that can your business to another level, you have to be prepared to invest in one. In a survey of small business owners, 22% identified cost as another reason for foregoing a website.
A website is not an expense. It is an investment because you should expect a return of your money within a specific period of time.
For your funding to payout, you have to make sure your website is professionally designed, with fully functioning, fast download speed and having great content.
Your best option would always be to hire a professional web designer who has the experience and training to build a functional yet beautiful website.